Well I solved the problem. Yeah!
How? I could use a helpful answer.
pflesher? where are you trying to save to?
Usually, I concatenate a $path variable to a specific location, such as:
"file:" & Get(DesktopPath) & "filename.extension"
"file:" & Get(DocumentsPath) & "filename.extension"
"file:" & Get(TemporaryPath) & "filename.extension"
you can also use filemaker's Get(FilePath) to easily make a relative path:
Get(FilePath) & "filename.extension"
Get(FilePath) returns something like this on windows:
Thanks Mike for your suggestion.
My problem was slightly different from the post's initiator, but I got the same error message. Hence my frustration.
1) In the end, I figured out that my code, combined with a change in the data I was using, was creating a filename (constructed in a temporary variable) that contained a ":". Macs won't accept that in a title, and hence the error message.
2) Part of the problem was that I could not specify a more exact filename with a path because I am actually coding for Filemaker GO. So the path will be different on the iPad.