2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2012 10:39 AM by Stephen Huston

Dashboard Layout that displays linked counts

jmc01

I'm new to Filemaker - about to create my first application using Filemaker Pro Advanced 11. However, I've been using MSAccess since the first version came out (and other programs/languages as well).

I'm designing a workflow database application that will track customers, quotes, job requests, jobs, and stock. I will want to create a "Dashboard" layout that will be the opening screen and will display key actionable information on the screen. Some examples of the counts that will be on the screen:

- # of Quotes waiting for customer approval (count of records in Quotes table where date customer approved is blank)

- # of Job Requests waiting for management approval (count of records in Job Requests table where date approved is blank)

- # of Jobs in planning phase (count of records in Jobs table where phase = 1)

When the user selects one of the counts above, they will be taken to the appropriate layout filtered to the appropriate set of records. (This part I know how to do)

Where I am stuck is trying to figure out how to display the counts on a dashboard layout. (been playing with global variables, etc.) What is the best way to go about this?