13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2012 4:11 AM by almute

FileMaker Runtime rejected by App Store...

mightymac

My Filemaker Runtime just got rejected by the Apple App Store review process for use of a non-public API call, namely _NSGetCarbonMenu

Naturally I'm not using this in my code so it's used in the Filemaker code I guess. The runtime was built with FileMaker Pro Advanced 11.

Here is what they said:

2.5 Apps that use non-public APIs will be rejected

2.5 The use of non-public APIs can lead to a poor user experience should these APIs change in the future, and is therefore not permitted. The app includes '_NSGetCarbonMenu' from the framework /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit.

If you have defined a method in your source code with the same name as this API, we suggest altering your method name so that it no longer collides with Apple's private API to avoid your application being flagged in future submissions.

Alternatively, this API may reside in a library included with your application. If you do not have access to the library's source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using “strings" or “otool" command line tools. The “strings" tool can output a list of the methods that the library calls and “otool -ov" will output the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Is there any way to remove or avoid accessing _NSGetCarbonMenu?