6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2012 6:53 AM by albi2103

Filemaker Server WPE error -Faulting application w3wp.exe-

albi2103

Hello,

The Cie I work for is located in Montreal, Quebec"

Since one year we experiment the following problem on a FMSA 11 with Window Server Standard SP2,

mem = 2Go, last update installed, Java is up-to-date.

Here is the error:

Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 7.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e023cf, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18541, time stamp 0x4ec3e3d5, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000b06b7, process id 0xdc8, application start time 0x01cd30c5933f3363.

The deployement is on two machines.

The same happend on one deployement machine.

I install the FMSA 12 technet version and the problem does'nt happened anymore.

I try a lot of solution found on internet, none of them works.

Any idea to solve this?

Thank you

Alain

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server WPE error -Faulting application w3wp.exe-
          taylorsharpe

This is a web publishing error, which makes me always want to see if the web engine is up and running.  Since you are on a Windows Server, that will be IIS.  Have you tried to see if IIS is working?  Is it turned on as a service and can you see a web page hosted by IIS through your web browser?  I would check that as a first step. 

• 2. Re: Filemaker Server WPE error -Faulting application w3wp.exe-
            albi2103

Everything is running well, except the w3wp.exe which is the IIS process.

It restart automatically after it crash and yes the IIS is running again.

This crash doesn't affect the connection and/or the connection with the master server.

It doesn't happen with FMSA v12, but I try it only with the test databases coming with the FMSA dev version.

I did a lot of research on Microsoft site and other and there is a lot of people who don't use FileMaker and have the same behavior.

I also. Try yo renewable the 32/64 bits compatibility.

I'm now trying on the Java side, freeing the cache and some other adjustment.

I'll let you know in few days since the crash happen without any regularity.

Thank you

• 3. Re: Filemaker Server WPE error -Faulting application w3wp.exe-
              taylorsharpe

Best of luck... I hate intermittent errors since they are so hard to figure out what is happening.  I hate doing this, but sometimes in this situation, I do a complete reinstall of the server to get everything fresh, run the updates, and then install FileMaker.  But that also is a pain to reconfigure your server if you have many services set up on it besides FileMaker. 

• 4. Re: Filemaker Server WPE error -Faulting application w3wp.exe-
                albi2103

I did a complete unsinstall and reinstall of the FMSA 11 (one machine deployement), the same problem come again.

I uninstall FMSA11 and install FMSA12 and the problem doesn't occured anymore!

But I can't do that in real life because I have 163 users to upgrade to V12...$$$

I'm actually working on the Slave server part of our FMSA11 two machine installation, the WPE:

- clean up the Java log

- clean up the Application Log, and all the log I find

- did an upgrade of the memory to 4 go on the WPE slave server

I'll monitor it the next days and let you know.

And also the I did all the Microsoft update in the pipe.

Thank you for your remarks anyway

• 5. Re: Filemaker Server WPE error -Faulting application w3wp.exe-
                  Stephen Huston

I sounds like a component of your FMS11 installation is bad, but that an installation of the Developer license copy of FMS11 is good. I wonder if ignoring recommended practices and installing one version over the other might actually get the good component into the works. Might have to try it both ways to see if either works -- installing FMS11 Dev License cleanly and then FMS11 regular license over it, and/or vice-versa.

You also might ask FileMaker to provide you with a clean FMS11 installer for the latest version of 11 and just do a clean install of it -- in case there is a problem with your issued installer. (There have been cases of faulty installers.)

• 6. Re: Filemaker Server WPE error -Faulting application w3wp.exe-
                    albi2103

The problem exist also with the FMSA 11 Dev version.

I clean up all the log and temp files also, Java, Win log and so on.

We also upgrade the memopry to 4go.

Now the problem come every two days. A kind of progress!

Any idea are welcome.

Filemaker staff? any around? any idea?