Troi Automatisering releases Troi Activator Plug-in 3.1 for FileMaker Pro 12
New plug-in for FileMaker Pro 12 adds easy install functionality
May 16th, 2012, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 3.1 for FileMaker Pro 12.
What is Troi Activator Plug-in?
The Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts across the network, even over the Internet. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different client computer
- trigger a FileMaker script over the Internet
- run a script and send data to a different FileMaker application, all in the background
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
Apart from remote triggering you can also trigger scripts on the same computer:
- run a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- trigger a script on a specified date and time
- schedule events which trigger any script you want
- trigger a script after exiting a field
- validate fields with a custom script suited to your specific validation needs
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.1 adds support for FileMaker Pro 12, with examples in the new .fmp12 file format. This release also adds a new example file, which demonstrates how to automatically install the plug-in directly from a container field.
Version 3.1 has the following new features and fixes:
- Made compatible and tested with FileMaker Pro 12.
- Added new switch "-GetPluginInstallPath" to the Actr_Version function: This switch will return the path where a plug-in is installed.
- Added new example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, which contains the plug-ins and can install the plug-in from within FileMaker Pro 12.
- Made small change to the bundle (on Mac OS X) and FileVersion resource (on Windows) so it now reflects the correct version number.
- Improved several other example files and made other internal improvements.
The Activator allows you to:
- upload images from remote devices, put them into the database and show the location on a (Google) map.
- create a real-time appointment solution, where you can notify a colleague (on a different computer) of changes in his/her appointments
- notify a user that a shared document can be used
- process data in the background in a different FileMaker application
- get someone out of a record, so that it is no longer locked
All these features also work in a runtime solution and between different versions of FileMaker Pro. So for example you can send data from a FileMaker 11 runtime to a FileMaker Pro 12 database. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Activator Plug-in 3.1 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: <http://www.troi.com/software/activatorplugin.html>.
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.1 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11 and 12. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11 and 12. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher and Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Licenses cost US$ 89 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.1 also works with FileMaker Server 10, 11 or 12 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 299.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
The 3.1 version works with the 3.0 version of the registration. If you bought a license for a previous version on or after March 1st, 2010 the upgrade is FREE! Note: the 3.x version needs a new registration string. Eligible users have been sent a new registration string in November 2010.
If you bought a license before March 1st, 2010 you will need to buy an upgrade to use the 3.1 version. Upgrades are available from US$ 39 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About QuickTrans for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
QuickTrans is our iOS app designed to make sending images a snap. After you configure the app once, you can take one or more photos and upload them without any extra steps. QuickTrans is designed to work in tandem with Troi Activator Plug-in 3. More information can be found here: <http://www.troi.com/quicktrans.html>.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: