3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2012 8:46 AM by SecretWeaponLabs

FM default printer

john9210

The Print dialog box sets the FM default printer and the Page Setup dialog does not. How can I script changing printer properties for printing and then change back to the FM default printer? Since Page Setup won't do it, it doesn't seem possible.

• 1. Re: FM default printer
          Mike_Mitchell

Hi, John.

The Print script step allows you to set the printer.

HTH

Mike

• 2. Re: FM default printer
            john9210

Hi MIke. Thanks for responding.

Yes the print step sets the printer, but after printing, how do I reset to the default printer without printing again!. Normally, I print with the FM default printer (which is the Windows defautl printer) with it's associated properties. On certain layouts I need to change the printer properties and print. I want to then change the printer properties back to the default values. I don't want to print again to do this and I don't want to reset them on the next manual print job.

• 3. Re: FM default printer
              SecretWeaponLabs

You need a printer management plugin as far as I know.  I am currently using MyFMButler's PrinterSwitch and it works fairly well.  It doesn't allow you to natively change the # of copies to print, but that isn't the biggest issue for my solution currently.

Denis