3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2012 4:18 PM by karendweaver

File is currently in use and could not be opened

felipe

I just upgraded from 11 to 12 and i get this error sometimes, depending on how i open the database. The files are on Advanced server 12. I have tried remapping but the errors continue to come up. Does anyone know the cause of this and if there is a way to fix it?

• 1. Re: File is currently in use and could not be opened
          karendweaver

Hi felipe

More info please.  HOW and what are you "remapping"?  Are you on  a Mac or a PC?  What does "depending on how i open the database" mean?    What method of opening does NOT get the error?  What method of opening does get the error?

Karen

• 2. Re: File is currently in use and could not be opened
            felipe

I remap external data source throught the manager

Its a PC

If I go directly into the database it seems to happen less then if i open it through another database with a script.

• 3. Re: File is currently in use and could not be opened
              karendweaver

Okay, lots of things could be going wrong.  If you get this error when you open the file directly through the File / Open menu, that usually means a bad file reference in the file you are trying to open.  Can you be even more specific about what you are trying to do?

First, when you mapped the data source, exactly what syntax did you use?

If all the databases are on the server, the correct syntax is file:filename.fmp12

Do NOT use an ip address or a "path" to the drive.

If you are using an external "opener" file to open the database, then try using the Add File in the Manage Database window and navigate to the file you are looking for on the server and add it to the Add File that way.

Are you trying to open File A using a script in File B?

Can you post your script and some screen shots of your data source?