AnsweredAssumed Answered

Update SQL with FileMaker Data

Question asked by MattLeach on May 22, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2012 by phochstr

I've started delving into ESS with FileMaker. I've successfully setup an External Data Source that links to a MySQL database connected to our corporate website. This is a simple database that contains usernames and passwords for a secured client area of our website.

In FileMaker we have a client database that keeps track of who has paid or not paid for a subscription. There are 2 fields (web_username, web_password) that are populated based on a few calculations. If a client is on subscription, those fields are populated otherwise they are blank.

Im trying to take our current way of manually updating this database and make it automatic.

Currently i have a script that i run that isolates the clients who are on subscription, exports the usernames and passwords to a file. I then run a 3rd party software called Navicat the deletes all records in the database and does an import based on the file exported from FileMaker.

What i would like to do is setup a server side script that will run every 15 minutes or so that will update the SQL database.

What would be the best way to go about this? I was thinking of setting up the script to go to the layout tied to the SQL database and deleteing all records, but how would i handle the import based on the found set in the clients table?

Thanks

Outcomes