robbyg

iPad 2 Connects to Hosted Databases, iPhone 4 Does Not

Discussion created by robbyg on May 21, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 24, 2012 by robbyg

In testing my FDS version of FileMaker Server 12, I am encountering a problem that I can't resolve. My iPad2 connects to hosted databases, but the iPhone 4 does not. When I try to connect to the hosted databases from the iPhone, I can see the hosted server name, but am asked to "Enter Filename". When I enter the IP and Network File Path (10.0.1.10/RG_Content.fmp12, I get the following error message:

"The file "RG_Content.fmp12" could not be opened. Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host"

Yet, I can connect using my iPad 2 without needing to enter the IP and Full Network Path. I have put "10.0.1.10/Databases/RG_Content" without success. I have tried connecting to other databases, including the built-in sample on the Server. No success. Both the iPad and iPhone are running iOS 5.1.1 and FileMaker Go 12. FileMaker Server is version 12.0.1.178. The MacOS X is 10.7.4. I have deleted FileMaker Go on the iPhone 4 and reinstalled it, and re-set the iPhone (twice). Still no success. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Any input would be gladly appreciated.

Rob

Outcomes