1 Reply Latest reply on May 22, 2012 9:16 AM by PSI

Missing Relationships in Notes Maybe??

biltmorefinancial

I recently purchased the Filemaker Pro version 12 and started from the Personnel Starter solution layout. I adjusted it quite a bit to work how we needed it. I transformed the vacation section into a notes section. Everything was working fine until last night when I uploaded 3,500 record and for some reason I cant view the notes fields anymore. At first it gave me an error " This field cannot be modified until “PERSONNEL ID MATCH FIELD” is given a valid value." But now I cant see the notes section at all. I am assuming I have a relationship set that I dont need. We arent using a Personnel ID field. We have a "Contact Name" field to distinguish between each but its text and not numbers. I am thinking I just need to adjust the table set up but I am not sure. I hope someone can help. I need to have this up and running by tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Missing Relationships in Notes Maybe??
          PSI

Hi Bitmorefinancial,

I would address you by name if you signed your post.

I haven’t look at that started solution but using the Contact Name as a key field in a relationship is verboten! That’s why the personal ID field exists and why you were getting the error.

Importing aside, let’s say you create a not for Jim Smith, then you find out the name is really John Smith. All the notes you created will be orphaned because they are looking for Jim Smith.

John Morina

Pueblo Systems, Inc.

CCQ-FM Inc.

O: 631.549.0969

C: 516.443.0966

john@pueblo-systems.com