8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2012 12:16 PM by Aigaion

Hide Status Area in FMP 12?

rob.e@thehealthpresenter.com

I can see the script step large as life in FMP11, but I ahve FMP 12 Advanced and can not find the script step (have I a bug or going mad?)

• 1. Re: Hide Status Area in FMP 12?
          MattLeach

They changed the wording:

v11 = Show/Hide Status Area

v12 = Show/Hide Toolbars

• 2. Re: Hide Status Area in FMP 12?
            rob.e@thehealthpresenter.com

Thanks Matt, appreciated

Further -- how then can I script to show the Format Toolbar but with the status area hidden as can do with menu commands.

• 3. Re: Hide Status Area in FMP 12?
              MattLeach

There is a script step at the bottom under Miscellaneous called Allow Formatting Bar, but it does not appear to function.

If i manually turn on the toolbar it works. If i turn it on via script, it does not appear to work.

• 4. Re: Hide Status Area in FMP 12?
                jormond

With the file unhosted and open on you local machine:

1. Turn the Formatting Toolbar on.

2. Set your script step to run the Allow Formatting Toolbar on, during your opening script.

3. Rehost the file.

4. When users log into the file, the Formatting toolbar should be there.

The key is turning the view Formatting Toolbar on when the file is not being hosted.  Somewhat similar to setting default global values.

• 5. Re: Hide Status Area in FMP 12?
                  MattLeach

If you set the Formatting Toolbar to On manually and close the file, it will be on when you re-open the file so there would be no need for the script step unless someone manully turned it off prior to closing the file.

If i try to turn the toolbar On just by using the script, it will not go on. I tested this on the Invoices starter solutions opening it locally.

• 6. Re: Hide Status Area in FMP 12?
                    MattLeach

I see now, script step only works if the toolbar is manually turned on first. Help file is kind of misleading. Would be nice to enable/disable from the script without having to manually turn it on first.

• 7. Re: Hide Status Area in FMP 12?
                      jormond

True, but you can determine via script if a user is able to use the formatting toolbar or not using the script step.  So some users can access it, some can not.  If you don't Allow/Not Allow...any user can pull it up if they want.  I'm in the habit of just including script step, since most of the time I want the toolbar disabled.

MattLeach wrote:

If you set the Formatting Toolbar to On manually and close the file, it will be on when you re-open the file so there would be no need for the script step unless someone manully turned it off prior to closing the file.

If i try to turn the toolbar On just by using the script, it will not go on. I tested this on the Invoices starter solutions opening it locally.

• 8. Re: Hide Status Area in FMP 12?
                        Aigaion

At the bottom of the Status Toolbar - below the area where the functional icons appear - there is a section that allows a user to access different Layouts, change the View, and perform other actions.  Is there a way to show the upper section the Status Toolbar, but hide this lower part so that users can not go to a different Layout, change View As, etc?