AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script not working on a common-use layout

Question asked by jbrown Expert on May 22, 2012
Latest reply on May 22, 2012 by karendweaver

Okay,

So in my school, i created a page for teachers to see all their advisee students (see attached). Its a one-stop place for teachers to enter attendance, breakfast and deposits, with the money they earn each week.

The system works pretty well, but the script that saves the deposits to the "checking" table works part of the time.

Basically what happens is:

Teachers type in the deposit amount from the kid's paycheck into the grey box at the far right, field Students::TempDeposit (see picture).

At the bottom of the screen is a button that says "save deposits" The script takes the value in the TempDeposit field along with the student ID, goes to the Checking table, and creates the record there. It loops through the students, from the first to last.

This works all the time when I'm doing it, but i usually am doing my testing at 5 am.

When all teachers are here, though, using the same page (we all use it from 7:15 to 8:00 (its up on our computer to work with)) sometimes the script isn't working.

Would the script fail or perform unexpectedly when everyone is using the page at the same time and potentially call this script at the same time?

Outcomes