PeterWindle

Image storage on FM Go 12

Discussion created by PeterWindle on May 24, 2012
Latest reply on May 24, 2012 by tech_liaison

Hello all, I am looking at developing a a few solutions where the FileMaker file will be copied to an iOS device (not hosted).

The solutions would have lots of images.

I would really love it if the images could be stored external to the FileMaker file, both on the "desktop" version and the iOS version.

There in-lies the problem, on iOS, images can not be stored externally, however... it seems to me that this is something that FileMaker may indeed offer as a solution in the near future...?

I know this is pure speculation, but it would be nice to get a 'heads up' on this one.

What I don't want to do is invest time into creating scripts that set the size of the image when inserting an image and then later discover (maybe in a later version) that I could store hi-res images on the iOS device, which would mean then re-inserting or copying the images into appropriate again.

Yes, I understand that I can store the image INSIDE the FileMaker file, but this is not ideal for backup situations, remember, these solutions will be 'stnad-alone', not hosted.

Any suggestions, thoughts, preminitions?

;-)

Outcomes