1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2012 4:55 PM by Stephen Huston

Record Change

Michael20219

Ok so some of my users are coming to me saying that the current record is switching as the layout is changed. I have tried to duplicate these results with no luck. Even with advanced tools. It seems to be random and cannot be duplicated following the same procedure. I have no idea what is causing this nor do they. It is almost as a revert to previos record is happening with no changes made. This can be very bad if not caught by the employee and the wrong order is processed. Listening the the order of operations from employees there doesnt seem to be any same criteria. Everybody is using 11 pro and im using 11 advanced. This has just started happening (or i really hope so) with no programming changes made. Does anyone have any idea that may help me? I have also checked all scripts and triggers that are set with debug to no luck. Please help me.

• 1. Re: Record Change
          Stephen Huston

Several ideas regarding things I've seen that can cause this:

Does the target layout have any script triggers?

or

Is a new window being opened?

or

Are some users double-clicking on a button (FM buttons use single-clicks to fire) which inadvertently puts their unwanted second-click over a list view window, moving them to another record in line with thier second click?

or

Is there a GTRR step (Go to Related Records) between layout changes?