AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue with onLayoutKeystroke in Go

Question asked by jimfeuerstein on Jun 3, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 by jimfeuerstein

I am simulating a quick find using a global text field in the header to accept the user's search term. When the user hits the return key, the search is executed.

I'm using an onLayoutKeystroke script to watch for the return key. The script is simple -- if it detects the return key, it calls a search script; otherwise it exits and lets the user add another character into the global field.

The mechanism works fine in Pro. It also works fine in Go -- but only when it's used in Form view.

In List view in Go, after the onLayoutKeystroke script runs, the cursor fails to return to the global field and the keyed character fails to appear. The iOS keyboard stays available and the field remains highlighted.

I have to click "next" or tap the global field -- then the character appears, the cursor reappears, and I can enter another character.

Can someone suggest what I may be missing that's causing the List view failure in Go? For what it's worth, there are no other enterable fields on the layout and no tabs are set, other than for the global field itself.

Jim Feuerstein

Magellan's Law Corporation

www.litigationbestpractices.com

Outcomes