3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 10:35 AM by Mike_Mitchell

Can I script this?

pmconaway

Can I set the Sliding and Printing values in a script step? What I'm hoping to do is to set the "Do not print selected objects" option. I'm trying to do this if the field is empty. I have a field in a portal and if it is empty the report still shows the area that the portal covers. An example is if I have a 1" portal no matter if there is info in the field in the portal. The printed report still has 1" of space. I do have Sliding and Printing for this layout object. Any help is appreciated.

Paul

• 1. Re: Can I script this?
          Mike_Mitchell

Hello, Paul.

There's no way to set this option that I'm aware of. Perhaps the best option would be to make a duplicate of the layout and then select the layout you want dynamically at runtime, based on whether or not there are contents in the related field.

HTH

Mike

• 2. Re: Can I script this?
            pmconaway

Thanks for the reply.

Is my thinking correct for the Statement below?

Upon reading the help. I can set sliding and printing on the portal odject itself. So the portal will move up and down (don't need left) on the page based on the size of the objects above.  But any fields in a portal will not slide around in the portal itself. Is this correct?

Also, if I set the portal area to be one inch and I have the portal set to slide. Will it collapse if the field is empty if I have sliding and printing on the enclosed field in the portal.

Paul

• 3. Re: Can I script this?
              Mike_Mitchell

Paul -

Yes, the portal will collapse if you set it to slide and there are no related records, so long as you set all the fields in the portal row to collapse as well. Perhaps that will meet your need.

Mike