2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 5:11 AM by PointInSpace

FileMaker Hosting

EdwardMcPikeJr

I'd love to get some recommendations for a FileMaker Hosting company. I have been using one whose server had been down the entire day and I haven't received a technical support response in over 12 hours. VERY PEEVED is an understatement. My client's need this system for their day-to-day operations and this is the 2nd time something like this has happened with this company. The first time they upped the ante, supposedly added lots of backups and redundancy (after losing a day of my client's data) and assured many in the community of their greatness.

I know OF a couple other hosting companies, but would like to get opinions/experiences. Will be moving this client to FM12 soon and enabling some FMGo 12 access. Would like to find out more about other companies failsafe plans for when servers crash like this.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Regards,

Ed

• 1. Re: FileMaker Hosting
          JeffPenner

I use both pointinspace.com and 888.net. Very happy with both of them.

Jeff Penner

• 2. Re: FileMaker Hosting
            PointInSpace

I'd love to get some recommendations for a FileMaker Hosting company. I

have been using one whose server had been down the entire day and I

haven't received a technical support response in over 12 hours. VERY

PEEVED is an understatement. My client's need this system for their

day-to-day operations and this is the 2nd time something like this has

happened with this company. The first time they upped the ante,

supposedly added lots of backups and redundancy (after losing a day of

my client's data) and assured many in the community of their greatness.

I know OF a couple other hosting companies, but would like to get

opinions/experiences. Will be moving this client to FM12 soon and

enabling some FMGo 12 access. Would like to find out more about other

companies failsafe plans for when servers crash like this.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Regards,

Ed

Ed -

Have a look at our services at:

http://www.pointinspace.com/

We are in our 14th year of providing Professional FileMaker Hosting.  We

fully support FileMaker 12, with access from FileMaker Pro, Go, web

interfaces and ODBC/JDBC.

We always have staff monitoring servers, and keep extra hardware on hand

to recover to quickly if need be.  Feel free to let me know if you have

any additional questions either here or off-list to

jmay(at)pointinspace.com.  Thanks!

- John

--