1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2012 6:40 AM by taylorsharpe

FMP advanced Trial Download

jon_n_davidson

After 2 downloads for FMP Advanced returning me with plain vanilla FMP 12 I trashed the dmg files and the resulting fmp 12 trial applications and sent Filemaker an email telling them my attemp to download FMP 12 Advanced resulted in the download of FMP 12 not FMP Advanced.

Their reply suprised me. They said :

"We do not offer a trial version of FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced. We only offer trial versions of FileMaker Pro 12 and FileMaker Server 12 Advanced. "

So, if you were thinking of trying before upgrading to FMP advanced don't waste your time.

• 1. Re: FMP advanced Trial Download
          taylorsharpe

The purpose of the trial is to entice new customers, particularly ones who have never used FileMaker.  Developer level people that want FMPA really are not new to FM and are not the target audience of the trial software.  However, you can do a lot of testing with regular FMP if you want to see if it works and the only things you really are missing are the debugging tools.  Most developers know they are going to have to delve in 12 at some point anyway, so you might as well go ahead and get over paying for the upgrade.  FileMaker does offer annual maintenances and I use that so that I have a regularly scheduled annual payment and then know that any upgrades that come out I will receive without having to come up with an unscheduled payment. 

Your conclusion that there is no such thing as FMPA trial is correct and it this is consistent with how it has worked in the past.