3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 1:38 PM by flybynight

FMSA 12 Error 30 No Longer Responding; Connection closed. (10) and (51)

nmreynoso

Hello, over the weekend I upgraded our server and clients to Filemaker Server Advanced 12 and Filemaker Pro 12. I am getting this pesky error message and people are losing their connections in the middle of working, not due to inactivity. This was not an issue I encountered on version 11. I also upgraded my server to Microsoft 2008 64bit. If anyone can give me a checklist of things to try I would appreciate it!

• 1. Re: FMSA 12 Error 30 No Longer Responding; Connection closed. (10) and (51)
          Stephen Huston

Server Log Error 30 indicates that a client is not responding to the server, not vice versa, so the Server is  closing the client's connection to the server, as a matter of cleanup.

Are your clients connecting via WiFi? Is your server a dedicated FM machine or is it also used for other services?

I am trying to imagine a scenario in which the Server thinks some clients are no longer responding, and I keep thinking of network issues or things which could interrupt clients or the FMServer services.

• 2. Re: FMSA 12 Error 30 No Longer Responding; Connection closed. (10) and (51)
            hschlossberg

Sorry to continue on this old thread, but the subject is relevant and perhaps it just needs bumping to the top.

On a few (all?) of my clients' servers, I occasionally see warning messages in the logs that say:

Client xxx no longer responding; connection closed. (10)

which is usually preceded or followed by:

Client xxx no longer responding; connection closed. (51)

One client in particular sees this a little more often in their server logs than do other clients.  And today he reports that he closed FMP properly on his machine and yet still saw these same error messages for his machine in the FMS logs just a couple minutes later.

Any thoughts on what might cause FMP not to reply to Server's pings, or especially what might cause FMS not to hear FMP's parting words?  Also, does anyone know the difference in meaning between the (10) and the (51)?

Thanks,

Howard

• 3. Re: FMSA 12 Error 30 No Longer Responding; Connection closed. (10) and (51)
              flybynight

I'm seeing this issue of a sudden today. Never happened before.

The only network change I can think of is that I told our IT guy to open up ports 5003, 16000 & 16001 on our firewall with NAT to the internal IP of our FMP Server. But should that effect our LAN clients?

I also don't know what the (10) or (51) mean at the end off the log messages.

Not sure if this is coincidence or not, but the issue has only happened on our Windows clients, not our Macs. Our server is a Mac mini running 12.0v4 on Mac OS X 10.8.4.

If anyone has ideas, let me know.

Thanks!

-Shawn