AnsweredAssumed Answered

Crosstab Item allocation for POS

Question asked by liza on Jun 19, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2012 by liza

Hi, is it possible to do something like this in Filemaker (see attached excel file)?

I'm making a POS, and before delivering items to different stores, I want to make an Item Allocation, to plan what quantity per item will be allocated to different stores. So for example I have 50 pieces of Item1 in the warehouse, and I'm going to distribute it to 3 stores, I want to be able to encode in Filemaker how many pieces of Item 1 I'm going to allot for Store1, 2 and 3, and I should be able to see the balance how many pieces I have left in the source store, after allocating.

After making the allocation, I want to have a script that will generate delivery slips to the stores indicated in the Item Allocation. So if there are 5 items that were allocated in Store1, I run the script and it will create a delivery slip going to store 1, and deduct the quantities from the warehouse.

I'm sure the 2nd part is possible, but I just can't figure out how to do the Item Allocation part, in an excel-like format so that it's easy for the user to see the starting quantity and the balance. I'm not even sure if this is possible? Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks and regards

Liza

Attachments

Outcomes