1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2012 6:56 AM by wimdecorte

Pod Pro Database: POD Trading (Sport Arbitrage)

itraining

G'day from Australia

BACKGROUND:

I learned two new terms this week: Sport Arbitrage and its rebranded name POD Trading. POD is an acronym for Positively Offsetting Discrepancies. I got a cold call from a company called LTC Services (www.ltcservices.com.au) and sat through a webinar of POD Trading, using their Pod Pro database which looks like a FileMaker Pro database, albeit runtime version. LTC Services sell this POD Trading database in three different packages, ranging from $18,500 to $29,900 $AUD.

Researching the Pod Pro database and LTC Services on the Internet revealed positive and negative stories about the database, its data accuracy and the company itself. I have included this information in the YouTube video, where you can view the database interface:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK-0F7JqEYo

QUESTIONS:

(a) Any suggestions why the company is adamant Pod Pro only runs on Windows? Upon questioning, they repeated it does not run on Mac OS X (yet).

(b) The database was probably developed in-house but if by chance it was developed externally, does anybody know the developer? I am interested in buying a copy but hopefully cheaper than $18.5K.

(c) Has anybody built a competing/equivalent product that is for sale?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Richards

Brisbane (Australia)

• 1. Re: Pod Pro Database: POD Trading (Sport Arbitrage)
          wimdecorte

(a) Any suggestions why the company is adamant Pod Pro only runs on Windows? Upon questioning, they repeated it does not run on Mac OS X (yet).

Could be just plain ignorance, but it could also be that they have built functionality specifically targetted for the Windows platform (file manipulation, email,...).  They could be using plugins that have no Mac equivalent of that they don't have the Mac license for.

1 of 1 people found this helpful