6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2012 9:05 PM by ariley

go to next related record

doct

Looking for a script to use to navigate to the next (or previous) related record by date. Have a medical EMR, with 'Dr Notes' related by claim number. Want buttons to go to next or previous record by date within the same claim. Thanks for any assistance.

• 1. Re: go to next related record
          ariley

Why not show these records in a portal? Then you can see them all at once, select them by clicking on them and decide to show the information from a new window or right on the layout.

agnes b. riley . filemaker and web development

www.zerobluetech.com

T 201-299-6223 (NJ) . 212-842-8830 (NY) . 917-660-7221 (C)

FileMaker Certified in 10 and 11

• 2. Re: go to next related record
            LyndsayHowarth

What Agnes is suggesting can be disguised on a layout so that you don't even see the portal as rows but have what appears to be just a next and previous button by only showing one portal row at a time.

-Lyndsay

• 3. Re: go to next related record
              doct

Good idea. I was trying to do it thru a script -- find > sort > goto next/prev > show all. Wasn't working too well. Did get the portal idea working.

Thanks.

DocT

• 4. Re: go to next related record
                doct

Sounds intriguing, and would be more user friendly. Being more on the newbie side, can you describe that a bit more for me. Thanks

DocT

• 5. Re: go to next related record
                  LyndsayHowarth

Cool..

Did you figure how to only show one row? (sometimes it is a bit hard to tell which post came first).

If you doubleclick on the portal object you can see the value for the number of rows showing and change it to 1.

On either side of the portal you can add a button which has the next portal row or previous portal row script step assigned to it. Obviously you can also assign a button function to an image or a field. Using a field is useful as you can calculate which row is selected and if the first row is selected in the portal you can hide the Previous button and visa versa for the last record and the Next button.

- Lynday

Message was edited by: Lyndsay Howarth LOL... I can't even spell my own name...

• 6. Re: go to next related record
                    ariley

Yeah, right! I remembered answering this post but them I didn't see the response so I though I just dreamt it.

Good to know I wasn't dreaming it.

agnes b. riley . filemaker and web development

www.zerobluetech.com

T 201-299-6223 (NJ) . 212-842-8830 (NY) . 917-660-7221 (C)

FileMaker Certified in 10 and 11