4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2012 12:04 PM by Stephen Huston

Instant Web Publishing not creating files?

user17721

I have just started using Filemaker Pro. I have an iMac and internet access. I have turned on websharing and can access my network through Safari. But I have not been able, it seems, to create the needed files. From my reading, there should be index files in my folder Applications/FilemakerPro/Web/. However, the only file there is the readme file. Suggestions?

• 1. Re: Instant Web Publishing not creating files?
          Stephen Huston

In the FM Pro Application folder, there is a directory of program documentation. In the English installation, this is in the English Extras folder, a folder of Electronic Documentation includes a PDF on using Instant Web Publishing with Pro.

• 2. Re: Instant Web Publishing not creating files?
            user17721

thanks for the reference.  However, ever since the first time I tried to publish from filmaker pro, I now get this error message when I startup the application. 

"ERROR

Filemaker cannot share files over the Web because Instant Web Publishing could not be started."

I had originall started with a trial version, so I have deleted the application from my application folder and reinstalled the software again directly from the link with the license key.  I still have the same problem.  I did some searching and it seems this was a software problem with earlier versions.  But I'm now running Filemaker Pro 12 and do not see anything about the problem with this version.  ideas?

• 3. Re: Instant Web Publishing not creating files?
              user17721

OK...I think I can close this item now.  When all else fails...reboot.  that did the trick and seemed to reset whatever Filemaker was having trouble with.  I couldn't even open the application anymore.

After reboot, everything works and I got the prompt for port number the first time I ran the app and I can now use the instant publishing. 

• 4. Re: Instant Web Publishing not creating files?
                Stephen Huston

Actually the rule for tech support is not

When all else fails...reboot.

It's: First reboot, then, if it still fails, start tech support. 

Glad you got it working.