I'm in the process of looking for some new ideas to replace our current Sales Board and revenue forecasting model...and figured this would be a good place to gather ideas.
The basic premise of what I am doing:
- Signed contracts will be entered with Start/End dates.
- Records in a separate table for invoice line items will be generated. 1 Record for each line item, for each period of billing ( 1x per billing period )
- Multiple markets all entered into the same solution.
- Some products are billed monthly, some billed every 4 weeks ( and no that is not the same thing ).
- Forecasts need to be generated by Market and by Product and by Month...for the next 12-24 months.
- Some items are pre-billed ( example: billed in July but revenue is recognized for actual revenue period, possibly Aug or Sept etc. )
- Expiring contracts are forecasted to renew at the current rate.
I know there is a lot there, but I'm not as much looking for an answer as I am the ensuing discussion. In the end, I'm sure we will move in a direction that will combine the many ideas that come from the discussion. And there will likely be some techniques that come up that I may need some tips on implementing.
Thanks Everyone for your input!!!