Troi Automatisering releases Troi File Plug-in 6.1 for FileMaker Pro 12
New File Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 12 adds easy install functionality.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, June 26th, 2012--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 6.1 for FileMaker Pro 12.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker Pro you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker Pro
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker Pro
- manage your images and movies, and read IPTC and Exif metadata from JPEG, Raw and PNG images
What is new in version 6.1?
Troi File Plug-in 6.1 adds further support for FileMaker Pro 12, with examples in the new .fmp12 file format.
Version 6.1 has the following main new features and fixes:
Improved for FileMaker Pro 12
- Made compatible and tested with FileMaker Pro 12.
- The example files are now available in the new .fmp12 format.
- Added new example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, which contains the plug-ins (a Mac and Windows version) and can install the plug-in from within FileMaker Pro 12.
- Added new switch "-GetPluginInstallPath" to the TrFile_Version function: This switch will return the path where a plug-in is installed.
Other improvements and fixes
- Fixed a problem with the drag and drop functionality not starting with FileMaker Pro 12. Also updated the DragAndDrop.fmp12 example file, with several scripts rewritten for clarity.
- Added a "-TryNativeJPEGDecoding" switch to the TrFile_CreateThumbnail function, which will decode the JPEG natively, improving the thumbnails of some JPEG images, specifically if those JPEGS have a color profile "sRGB IEC61966-2-1 black scaled".
- Fixed a bug with the TrFile_MetaData function with images with higher Unicode characters in the file name.
- Fixed a problem with TrFile_SelectFileDialog, TrFile_SelectFolderDialog and TrFile_SaveFileDialog: the initialFolder parameter now also works if the folder name contains higher Unicode characters.
- Improved several other example files and made other internal improvements.
Troi File Plug-in 6.1 gives you a greatly expanded file manipulation arsenal. You can easily check integrity of files as Troi File Plug-in 6.1 can return the MD5 hash value (checksum) of a file, all from FileMaker Pro!
Troi File Plug-in 6.1 also can get metadata from PDF files like: title, subject, author, number of pages. On top of the already extensive metadata support for JPEGs (like reading EXIF, IPTC and XMP), Troi File Plug-in 6.1 can also read the metadata from PNG images. The plug-in can even automatically detect if the IPTC metadata in JPEGs is UTF-8 encoded.
More detailed information on all of the changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 6.1 can be found at: <http://www.troi.com/software/filehistory.html>.
All features and functions also work in a runtime solution. The plug-in adds 63 functions to FileMaker Pro, giving you limitless possibilities in managing your system outside of the database. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 6.1 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: <http://www.troi.com/software/fileplugin.html>.
Troi File Plug-in 6.1 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11 and 12. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11 or 12. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
QuickTime 7 or later is needed for some image related functions.
Licenses cost US$ 89 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi File Plug-in 6.1 also works with FileMaker Server 10 ,11 or 12 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 399.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after September 1st, 2011 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 6. Eligible users have beeb sent a new registration string in March 2012.
Upgrades from licenses bought before September 1st, 2011, are available from US$ 49 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: