2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2012 12:56 PM by comment

Trying to capture data from a web viewer field to a data field?

WhitPorter

I have a webviewer field called ghin_lookup_url (with an object name of ghin_viewer) displaying data from this URL:

http://ghp.ghin.com/GHINeNewsletters/ViewMail.aspx?ghinno=4316441&tid=9806&club=53-347-013&assoc=53-347-01

Then I have a calc field called ghin_web_content.c which I want to display the HTLM source code of the ghin_lookup_url viewer field.

The calc formula is : GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "ghin_viewer" ; "content" )

I'm simply trying the capture the number 13.1 which appears after "USGA HCP Index:" to a numerical FM data field called ghin_hc

USGA HCP Index: 13.1

Although the web viewer field displays the webpage perfectly, the field ghin_web_content.c field is blank.

Using FMA 11 on a mac.

screenshot attached.

What is the best way to capture data from a web viewer field to a data field? Am I on the right track? Why isn't the "GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "ghin_viewer" ; "content" )" formula working and showing me the HTYML code?

As usual, any guidance thoroughly appreciated with many thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Trying to capture data from a web viewer field to a data field?
          TomHays

The GetLayoutObject() calculation is being performed before the Web Viewer has finished loading the page.

The "content" is only defined after the page has fully loaded.

A workaround is to make the ghin_lookup_url field a plain text field.

Fill in this field using a script.

Attach this script to a button you can push after you see that the Web Viewer is fully loaded.

Alternately you can run this script immediately but put in a pause step for enough time to ensure that GetLayoutObject() returns a non-empty result. (If you want you can loop until it is non-empty or your script reaches maximum elapsed time.)

-Tom

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Trying to capture data from a web viewer field to a data field?
            comment

WhitPorter wrote:

Why isn't the "GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "ghin_viewer" ; "content" )" formula working and showing me the HTYML code?

The most likely reason is that the calculation field is stored.

1 of 1 people found this helpful