1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 6, 2012 8:19 AM by dburnham

Cannot upload database to FMS 12 Advanced (Windows)

dburnham

Here's the situation:

FileMaker Server 12 Advanced, running on a Windows 2008 Server. The installation went flawlessly, the "sample" database is accessible, albeit slower than I would like, but it's there and it's working.

Then, I tried to upload my first database. The file configuration check is performed properly and a checkmark appears beside the file name, but in the next step, I get this message: "The folder filewin:/C:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/ does not have enough space for the specified upload or it does not exist."

In my first attempt, I tried putting my file into a new Subfolder. That failed so I tried putting the file into the default folder. Same result.

Then I thought it may be a firewall issue, so I upload the file to the server's desktop using FTP and launched the Server Admin Console locally on the server, and I got the exact same result with or without the attenpt to create a subfolder.

Very frustrating because FileMaker tech support says that if the Sample Database is working, then everything must be OK. But obviously, it's useless to me if I can't run my own databases.

Is this a Java issue? That's what some posts say, but with all the other Java-related issues, I am hesitant to install different Java editions.

Some posts also discuss command line solutions, but I don't want to rely on that since I need to be able to use the Admin Console remotely as well as locally.

• 1. Re: Cannot upload database to FMS 12 Advanced (Windows)
          dburnham

Problem solved, though it sounds very odd to me....

I saw a post somewhere that discussed restarting FileMaker "service".

So I tried to close the Sample Database, so I could then restart the service using the Services control panel. But the Close Database command refused to function.  So I tried stopping the WPE and that worked.  Then I tried stopping the Database Server and that failed.  So, I thought, who cares about corruption in the Sample Database, so I just used the Windows Control Panel to stop the service and restart it.

And now, I can upload my database.

Go figure.

BTW -- is there any recommendation about updating Java to version 7?