3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2012 5:23 PM by Vaughan

Stretching of objects in header/footer in Table view

PeterWindle

Hello all, I have a question which may actually lead to the same old answer "well, that's just the way it is.."

however, I was hoping that it may not be the case...

here it goes...

I have some objects in headers/footers which, by using the "auto-resize" will expand horizontally when stretching out the width of the screen.

Works fine in list or form view, but does not work in Table view...

any ideas how to overcome this problem? I was kind of hoping that version 12 may be able to give me something like this?

• 1. Re: Stretching of objects in header/footer in Table view
          psijmons

You are allowed to resize the column width in table view (set your mouse at the end of the header field and resize) and when asked to save the change, click yes.

• 2. Re: Stretching of objects in header/footer in Table view
            PeterWindle

I understand that I can change column width of fields, this is not what I want. I have an object in the header that needs to re-size.

I also understand that I can adjust this is layout mode, what I want it to do is automatically adjust, when the window size is adjusted. This is normally acheived using the auto-resize settings in layout mode, with the right side of the objects anchored. But this only works in list or form view, not table view.

• 3. Re: Stretching of objects in header/footer in Table view
              Vaughan

PeterWindle wrote:

Hello all, I have a question which may actually lead to the same old answer "well, that's just the way it is.."

however, I was hoping that it may not be the case...

here it goes...

I have some objects in headers/footers which, by using the "auto-resize" will expand horizontally when stretching out the width of the screen.

Works fine in list or form view, but does not work in Table view...

any ideas how to overcome this problem? I was kind of hoping that version 12 may be able to give me something like this?

Yes I know what you mean (objects in the header do not resize or re-position themselves) and nope that's the way table view is.