3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2012 9:42 PM by dataexperience

Cannot Find File (error 100) when Server runs client script.

igregg

I have a script in a filemaker file that pulls data from an Oracle Table and pushes the data to an external filemaker table. Both files are on 11 Server Advanced. When I open remote the file with this script it pulls and pushes the data like it was designed to do. But when I run the same script from the server, the script pulls in the data from the Oracle table into an array. But when the script tries to Set Fields in the external filemaker table, it does not create any records in the table and the server log says that the script has had an 100 error every time it executes a Set Field step.

This script runs on a client, but not on the server session???? Am I missing a step when the server runs the script?

Gregg

• 1. Re: Cannot Find File (error 100) when Server runs client script.
          BruceHerbach

Error 100 is file missing.  Do you have an open file script step that opens the second/FileMaker file.

Also check that the fms server system account has access to the external FileMaker file.

Bruce

• 2. Re: Cannot Find File (error 100) when Server runs client script.
            BowdenData

igregg wrote:

Both files are on 11 Server Advanced. When I open remote the file with this script it pulls and pushes the data like it was designed to do. But when I run the same script from the server, the script pulls in the data from the Oracle table into an array. But when the script tries to Set Fields in the external filemaker table, it does not create any records in the table and the server log says that the script has had an 100 error every time it executes a Set Field step.

This script runs on a client, but not on the server session?

Gregg,

The files are almost certainly not in the same folder on the FM server. When running on the server, you have to tell it specifically where the external file is located. When running interactively, each file can "see" the other files that are hosted on the server.

See this FM help page.   http://www.filemaker.com/help/html/create_db.8.32.html

You need to add a second file reference in the external file reference specification in the form of:

file:../foldername/dbfilename

Foldername is the name of the sub-folder that the other file is stored in and dbfilename is obviously the name of the dB file.

When done, you will have the following in the external file reference:

file:dbfilename

file:../foldername/dbfilename

HTH.

Doug

• 3. Re: Cannot Find File (error 100) when Server runs client script.
              dataexperience

I wasted 10 hours bug tracking until I found this thread.

Thank you both for posting....else I'd be in lalalala land.