2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 11:17 PM by PeterWindle

FM12 Odd get(Triggertabpanel) and subsequent Go to Object behaviour

PeterWindle

Hello again,

I have a script which traps user selection of a tab, using triggertabpanel.

Works a treat... well sort of..

after it traps the tab selected, i want it to select a different tab, which I have named as Tab1.

If I run a script that has the go to object (tab1), this script works time and time again.

However, if I call this script AFTER my triggertablpanel script step, it does NOT work. I can not see any reason why..?

I have tried positioning the go to object script step both before and after the get(Triggertabpanel) to no avail,

FM 12 on Mac and the same thing happens in FMGo.I just can't seem to shake the selected tab!

• 1. Re: FM12 Odd get(Triggertabpanel) and subsequent Go to Object behaviour
          steve_ssh

Hello Peter,

My guess would be that you are missing an ExitScript[ False ] script step.  Have you tried this?

Within the context of a script fired off by a script trigger:

An ExitScript step with a script result value of False signifies to FM that you do not want the triggered action to run its course.

Therefore, in the specific case you describe:

An ExitScript[ False ] will tell FM that you do not want the triggered action to complete, i.e. the user should not be taken to the tab that they clicked on.

In the absense of such an ExitScript step:

The trigger action will complete, and thus the user continues on to the tab that they clicked on (even after you have taken them to a different tab).

If you haven't tried this yet, please give it a go:

- GoToObject[ Tab1 ]

- ExitScript[ False ]

Please let me know if I haven't been clear enough.

Very best,

-steve

• 2. Re: FM12 Odd get(Triggertabpanel) and subsequent Go to Object behaviour
            PeterWindle

You are absolutely correct.

Never had to use this one before!

Thanks for this!