1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 11, 2012 11:30 AM by AlbertSteg

Chart & Subsummary Sorting Conflict

AlbertSteg

I am new to using Charts in FMP12 and have run into an annoying problem. I have a layout with a Leading Grand Summary and two sub-summary parts. In the Grand Summary I have a Bar Chart that lists the names of several Collections and shows how many people are using them. below that, In the first sub-summary part, I have the Same Collections listed, with the usage number in parentheses, and in the second sub-summary, a breakdown of the usage by the User group. (See attached image).

The data is all fine, but here's the rub: The alphabetical order of the Collections in the CHart amd the sub-summary are *inverted* with respect to each other.

In other words, if I sort the records by Collection in Ascending order, as is natural for the sub-summary list, placing the Collections in alphabetical order, the Chart displays the Collections in reverse-alphabetical order. If I re-sort in Descending order, the chart looks right but now the sub-summary is reverse-alphabetical.

Obviously, this is undesirable. But I can't seem to find any feature in the Chart Wizard that allows me to reverse the order on the Y-Axis.

Any help?

• 1. Re: Chart & Subsummary Sorting Conflict
          AlbertSteg

WHle I at first found this behavior baffling, it's just occured to me that the reason for the 'inversion' is that the Chart is ordering the Collections from the origin (intersection of the X and Y axes) upward just as in a column chart it orders it left to right from the origin.

Still, it seems like it would be a desirable option to be able to invert the order in cases like this? Possible?