6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 11:32 AM by steve_ssh

FMGoSync

DickHoning

FMGoSync is an open source 100% FileMaker Pro based synchronisation tool. For more and download of the demo files please visit http://www.fmgosync.com

best regards - Dick Honing

• 1. Re: FMGoSync
          odubov

Thank you, very interesting!

• 2. Re: FMGoSync
            Paul Jansen

Dick,

This is great, I have been thinking about this for some while and have components of sync in several solutions but not the whole process in a single solution.  It would be great if this starts a conversation on syncing as I think there is lts to discuss and there will be many valuable opinions to listen to.

For me the most interesting and challenging issues are around:

• multiple mobile users must be able to sync at the same time
            • sync can be interupted due to unstable (mobile) internet connections or other interupting processes
            • conflict handling
            • All changes must be propogated to all users consistently.

I look forward to the discussions.

Thanks for making this opensource,  the debates will be much more productive if we can see each others code!

Paul Jansen

• 3. Re: FMGoSync
              karendweaver

Thank you, Dick!  A great idea and very generous to share so much effort.  I look forward to testing this and following the resulting discussions and changes. 

Karen

• 4. Re: FMGoSync
                DickHoning

Hi Paul,

I'm currently working on a version that supports multiple clients to use the same synchronisation database that it hosted on the internet ... a kind of weCloud solution :-) ... I then use it to synchronize certain information from our solution (first being product and stock data) for a couple of our customers. This information is then synchronized to FileMaker Go on sales people's iPhones. The sky is the limit !

best regards - Dick

• 5. Re: FMGoSync
                  user12569

Do you know the differences between this and MirrorSync?  I am curious what MirrorSync offers that this might not.  I was thinking about buying mirrorsync, but saw this and would like to see if it can do what I need instead. 

• 6. Re: FMGoSync
                    steve_ssh

+1

I totally agree with Karen's comment.  Thank you very much for so generously sharing your ideas and work.

Very best,

-steve