3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2012 12:02 PM by Stephen Huston

Scripts don't work in IWP

yecastil

I created some scripts in my db, but, some of them are not working when I publish my db using the IIWP, the scripts that are not working are for print, and send e-mails.

• 1. Re: Scripts don't work in IWP
          beverly

Have you checked the permission for the user in IWP to do the print? Remember that IWP is BROWSER-based, so any print is the browser screen.

Is the send email using SMTP or attempting with an email client?

You can check your scripts in Script Maker for compatibility. In the lower left corner is a pop-up, select Web Publishing from the "Show Compatibility list".

Beverly

I created some scripts in my db, but, some of them are not working when I publish my db using the IIWP, the scripts that are not working are for print, and send e-mails.

• 2. Re: Scripts don't work in IWP
            yecastil

Hi Beverly,

I checked the "Show Compatibility" inside the Edit Script and I changed from Desktop to IWP, but, when I do this, some scripts are disabled? do you know why can this happen?

• 3. Re: Scripts don't work in IWP
              Stephen Huston

The steps which are disabled when filtered for IWP are steps which rely on the FMPro client application rather than FMServer capabilities. Browsers don't provide the functionality in place of FMPro for these steps.

If you need a script to run in a browser with IWP, be sure to write the script using only  steps supported in IWP.