AnsweredAssumed Answered

LIST Function is being Listless and only shows one entry

Question asked by Guy_Smith on Jul 13, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 13, 2012 by BruceRobertson

I'm a noob trying to learn some functions and can't get the 'LIST' function to work the way I think it's supposed to: If I understand correctly, the LIST function is supposed to return a CR-delimited list of each unique value found in a field - sort of an index for the field.

I made up a test file with about 30 simple records, each containing 4 fields. I then added a new calculation field with the LIST() function, expecting to get a list (Duh!) of all of the entries in the designated field which contains unique values.

I placed the field in the body of the layout, the header, and the footer and still got the same result: One entry with the value of the designated field of the currently active record. As I scroll through the records, the value in the LIST field changes.

I then created a related TO and put the LIST calc field on the child Layout and got the same result.

I've attached a screen shot to help with my explanation. Any help on this seemingly simple function would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Guy

Attachments

Outcomes