2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2013 12:45 PM by tbcomputerguy

Timetables revisited...

tbcomputerguy

I know that timetables have been asked about in the FM world but, still i can't get my head all the way around the idea or concepts. I have an excel sheet (provided) that I have been asked to convert to FM. I most gratiously accepted hoping to hone my skills and thinking that this wouldn't be that tough...boy was I wrong. In looking at the spreadsheet, i was thinking that i need tables for the sessions (twilite, matinee, evening), one table for employees, one for the duties (supervisor etc..), and i think this is where i got lost. I was able to create the database using seperate tables for the days of the week. I have it working smoothly, looks just like the excel sheet. Even has the ability to highlight employees that are booked more than two sessions in a day. Then, i needed to figure out the hours each person is booked during th week. the column on the right are the aloted hours for that particular dutie.

Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

• 1. Re: Timetables revisited...
          tbcomputerguy

Hi Pixi, just got back from camp and I am taking a look at this.  This model I actually kind of medaled with,  But i didn't think it was right because there was no portal to show the join info or to join the employees to the schedule.  as for the scheduling you mentioned, is the days table that is joined to the Join table (there is currently only the one table) have to be duplicated and joined to each of the other Join TO's.  Then when it comes time to display them on a schedule, show all the related data and filter each of the seven portals by the IDday #'s?

Am I following this.correctly  or could you try and explain what you have done.

Dave

• 2. Re: Timetables revisited...
            tbcomputerguy

Hi Pixi, long time no talk.  I have taken the above aproach and got the whole thing working tikitiboo, and now they want to start using it.  They told me it wasn't working correctly.  I wasn't sure why but after investigation, they had changed the way things work.  If an employee works on Mon, Wed, Sat the hours available are now 6.5 and on a Friday they are 5.5.  So what I did, it create some field in the duties table to allow for the extra rates.  two fields.  So now when you add a dutie you can enter 3 different hr variables.  I am stuck on the formula that can look at the emplyee and the day and the available hours for that day.  Then add accordingly the daily hours and so forth.  I would be glad to email you a copy of what I have.

Dave