5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2012 2:27 PM by Draco

FileMaker Server Adv. 12 <-- RealStudio Web Edition

Draco

...is possible to access DB fm (served by FMSA 12) from RealStudio Web Edition.?

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server Adv. 12 <-- RealStudio Web Edition
          Draco

Hi, Christian (Schmitz),... you know you can create web applications with RealStudio Web Edition (FMSA using as a data server)?

saludos

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server Adv. 12 <-- RealStudio Web Edition
            beverly

Draco, their website (http://www.realsoftware.com/web/features/) has this:

===

The Real Studio framework is a collection of classes and functions that provide you with everything you’ll need to build powerful applications including:

• File/folder/Volume Access

• TCP/IP, UDP and SSL Sockets

• Internet classes: POP3, SMTP, HTTP and SOAP classes

• Bitmap and Vector classes for generating graphics on the fly

• XML reading, writing and parsing

• Regular Expression Support

• Local, single-user database engine based on SQLite

• Database server access including Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server (Windows only) and ODBC

===

Now, whether the FM (as source) through ODBC will work, I don't know.

Remember that the WEB is the interface and the database is just DATA. You probably don't need anything more than the tables/fields. However, FMServer Advanced is needed for ODBC.

Also, I don't know about the "stand-alone" aspect of this. IF it uses a database, surely that needs to be included?

What would be the advantage of using this, other than creating web-interface? Perhaps it does the work for you?

Beverly

• 3. Re: FileMaker Server Adv. 12 <-- RealStudio Web Edition
              Draco

Thanks Beverly, my context is only the web version of RealStudio.

attempt to replace PHP by RealStudio web edition ( creates web applications compiled)

My question is : is it possible to use RealStudio (WEB EDITION) to create a web interface using FMSA as DB, via http, https, ...?

Some characteristics of RS Web Edition as client Web of FMSA

- What browsers does Web Edition run on?

FireFox, Chrome, Safari, IE7 and above, and IE6 with the Chrome Frame extension.

- What are the requirements for deployment?

Apache or IIS. You can deploy your web app as a stand-alone application or as a FastCGI or CGI running under Apache or CGI under IIS.

- Are compiled web applications binaries?

Yes, compiled applications compile to machine code just like they do on the desktop.

- Does Web Edition support IIS for deployment?

Yes, with the release of Real Studio 2011r2 Web Edition supports IIS 7.

saludos

• 4. Re: FileMaker Server Adv. 12 <-- RealStudio Web Edition
                beverly

my answer (previously stated) to your question:

"Now, whether the FM (as source) through ODBC will work, I don't know."

You can download a trial for Real Studio Web Edition and test, I suppose!

Beverly

• 5. Re: FileMaker Server Adv. 12 <-- RealStudio Web Edition
                  Draco

????

- Someone connected RealStudio (web edition) to FMSA 12. ?

- Someone to create Web applications using -> FMSA and RealStudio (Web Edition) ?