...is possible to access DB fm (served by FMSA 12) from RealStudio Web Edition.?
Hi, Christian (Schmitz),... you know you can create web applications with RealStudio Web Edition (FMSA using as a data server)?
Draco, their website (http://www.realsoftware.com/web/features/) has this:
The Real Studio framework is a collection of classes and functions that provide you with everything you’ll need to build powerful applications including:
• File/folder/Volume Access
• TCP/IP, UDP and SSL Sockets
• Internet classes: POP3, SMTP, HTTP and SOAP classes
• Bitmap and Vector classes for generating graphics on the fly
• XML reading, writing and parsing
• Regular Expression Support
• Local, single-user database engine based on SQLite
• Database server access including Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server (Windows only) and ODBC
Now, whether the FM (as source) through ODBC will work, I don't know.
Remember that the WEB is the interface and the database is just DATA. You probably don't need anything more than the tables/fields. However, FMServer Advanced is needed for ODBC.
Also, I don't know about the "stand-alone" aspect of this. IF it uses a database, surely that needs to be included?
What would be the advantage of using this, other than creating web-interface? Perhaps it does the work for you?
Thanks Beverly, my context is only the web version of RealStudio.
attempt to replace PHP by RealStudio web edition ( creates web applications compiled)
My question is : is it possible to use RealStudio (WEB EDITION) to create a web interface using FMSA as DB, via http, https, ...?
Some characteristics of RS Web Edition as client Web of FMSA
- What browsers does Web Edition run on?
FireFox, Chrome, Safari, IE7 and above, and IE6 with the Chrome Frame extension.
- What are the requirements for deployment?
Apache or IIS. You can deploy your web app as a stand-alone application or as a FastCGI or CGI running under Apache or CGI under IIS.
- Are compiled web applications binaries?
Yes, compiled applications compile to machine code just like they do on the desktop.
- Does Web Edition support IIS for deployment?
Yes, with the release of Real Studio 2011r2 Web Edition supports IIS 7.
my answer (previously stated) to your question:
"Now, whether the FM (as source) through ODBC will work, I don't know."
You can download a trial for Real Studio Web Edition and test, I suppose!
- Someone connected RealStudio (web edition) to FMSA 12. ?
- Someone to create Web applications using -> FMSA and RealStudio (Web Edition) ?
Retrieving data ...