1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 2:05 PM by comment

Relationship Help Needed

rayparker3

I have a table named "Contacts" and another one named "Songs" in my database I am creating. My goal is to keep track of writers for each song. I would like to insert each writers' contact information and create a portal displaying the songs they have participated in on my Contacts layout. There can be more than one person that writes a song so on my Songs table I have the fields: writer1, writer2, writer3, writer4, writer5. On my Songs layout I would like to have a dropdown menu for each "writer" field displaying information from the Contacts table. I have successfully created a relationship between the two tables and made a dropdown menu displaying the information... My problem is I am only able to pull one writers information from the Contacts table at a time per one record on the Songs table. I need to be able to pull writers information for "writer1" and a different writers information for "writer2" and so on. Another problem is the portal on the contacts page. I would like to display the songs that the writer participated in regardless if he/she was writer1, writer2,...

I have attached an example file that I made real quick to help get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

I am a beginner at FileMaker Pro 11 so the more description the better. Any help is greatly appreciated as I have been stuck on this for a while. Thanks in advance.