Can this be some kind of "layout zero" issue, where FM initially access something before going to the last-opened layout?
On an existing file with an enternal data source [fmnet:/myserver.com/my_remote_file], I did the following:
- Closed the file on a layout that does not reference the remote file
- No startup layout
- No startup script
- No switch to layout
- No fields on the layout (blank)
- No reference to the remote file from the startup layout (only one TO)
I still get asked to log into the remote file, but worse the user is asked to look for the remote file.
The most baffling things is that if I
- Create a new file with one table
- Add the same reference as above
- Add a TO of the remote file to the Relationship graph
Then as expected I am not asked to locate the remote file.
Any ideas? Thans in advance.