7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2012 12:55 PM by ChristineHill

one to one relationship question

ChristineHill

Hi,

I'm a newbie, any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

So I'm trying to set up a one to one relationship- I have a Product:: __kp_ProductID related to MoreProduct::_kf_MoreProductID.

MoreProduct is a specific type of Product where I need to store more information than the typical Product. Instead of storing a bunch of empty fields in Product, thought to do like a subset of Product with MoreProduct storing the extra info. There is a boolean field Product::More which , when true, indicates that should have this relationship.

In Manager Database have relationship set to "allow creation of records in this table via this relationship" checked for both sides.

Now I have a layout for data entry, with Product as its table. On this layout I have fields from both the Product and MoreProduct tables. No Portals.

I have a script that calls New Record. It runs fine until try to click into one of the related fields. Then I get an error message- that this realtionship doesn't exist. (I know I'm trying to create it...) Anyway- I've tried committing the Product as soon as create it- before even start data entry and this isn't working, either.

So now, finally, my question, how do I do this?

It seems like I should be able to call New Record followed by a New Record - but how do I change the context?

Again thanks.