AnsweredAssumed Answered

Entourage as default email program on Mac/Lion

Question asked by MicheleOlson on Jul 23, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 by MicheleOlson

Hi all,

I have a client with an all Mac office that has recently upgraded all the computers to Lion.

One of the staff people insists on using Microsoft Entourage as his email program rather than Apple's Mail as the rest of the staff does.

After the Lion update, he is unable to send emails from FileMaker. They just don't open Entourage or create the email in Entourage if open.

I've searched the old discussion archives, but since nothing before last November is threaded, it is impossible to find an answer.

My apologies if this has been discussed many times before and I can't find the answer, but...

I can't find the answer.

Mac OS X 10.7.4, FileMaker Pro 11.0v3, MS Office 2011, but using Entourage 2008 because he insists on use Entourage. He is a Windows user who will never be happy using any Mac application *just because*.

My sense is the issue is similar to Excel .xls vs .xlsx files. At some point, you just need to move forward in time.

I appreciate any techniques, tricks, etc. you may be using to have FileMaker perform the send mail step correctly when using Entourage as the mail client.

Thanks.

Michele

Outcomes