8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2012 12:50 PM by Guy_Smith

Script to automatically save a PDF copy of all reports that are hard-copy printed?

Guy_Smith

I need to print and distribute several periodic reports to our club members (weekly summary reports, quarterly detail reports, etc.). I have a "Perform Script" button to automatically print the various reports (works just fine), but now want to take it to the next level and automatically sve a copy of each report I print in a Report Archive TO within the database instead of saving it to a separate folder somewhere on the Hard Drive. I think that each record in the TO will only need three fields:

__kp_ReportID (Key Field) - probably not necessary, but just a force of habit,

ReportName (Calculated Field, = "Get(LayoutName) & " " & Get(CurrentTimeStamp),

and

Report (the PDF of the report itself)

The only way I can figure out how to do this so far is to save a pdf to the desktop (or wherever on the Hard Drive), then re-import it back into FM12. Plus, I don't like the idea of leaving leftovers on the desktop - it's a greater developer's sin than using copy and paste.

I know that there is a much better and more elegant way to do all of this internally within FM, but am stumped as to how.

Any help/comment/consideration on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm your basic noob, so please add any detail you can - I like to learn the 'why' as well as the 'how'.

Best Regards,

Guy