3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2012 4:07 AM by MicheleOlson

Server 12 Logging Anomaly: repeating admin connection & disconnection

MicheleOlson

I had an instance earlier today where I was sure a file I was working on had a certain routine [script, merge variables] that were working a certain way and yet I could not find it.

Thinking I must have deleted what I was looking for, I went to the FileMaker Server to take a look at some of the backups.

The file is served on my FMS 12 development server. There are 5 backup schedules in place [4 are active]: one every other hour; 1 at 6PM; 1 at 6AM; and one to SafetyNet. The inactive one, is called on occasion when I need to make a change to a file and want to be sure I have a roll back point prior to the change.

I checked several of the backups and could not find what I was looking for, so I thought it must have been a good idea that I never implemented. But just in case, I decided to take a look at the Server Log file for the past day.

That is when I discovered the anomaly or strangeness. It showed that every 5 minutes, beginning at midnight, Admin[me] logged in through the admin console and then immediately logged off. This logging in and out occurs twice in succession 1 second intervals.

00:03:18 Administrator Connected

00:03:18 Administrator Disconnected

00:03:19 Administrator Connected

00:03:19 Administrator Disconnected

00:08:17 Administrator Connected

00:08:17 Administrator Disconnected

00:08:18 Administrator Connected

00:08:18 Administrator Disconnected

The process repeats itself in the log every five minutes unless there is a backup schedule running.

The code [error code?] contained in the detail for the connect is 518.

The code for the disconnect is 520.

I looked at previous days in the log and found the same thing occurring all the way back to the beginning of the current log file: July 12.

I don't keep the Admin Console open when I am not actively checking a schedule or removing or uploading databases.

So what is causing FileMaker Server to hear this connection -- that to my knowledge does not occur -- every 5 minutes?

Just for the heck of it, I checked my FMS 11 machine and its log file. There is nothing like this in it.

Can anyone shed any light on this behavior?

TIA,

Michele