2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2012 2:46 PM by opotoc

Flip X and Y Axes in Portals?

slraymond

I have a timeline that works best in a vertical, "spreadsheet" view, because there are cells representing half-hour increments of a work day, each containing enough text that I need a bit of horizontal width.

When creating a portal, is it possible to reverse the axes so that records are displayed vertically, from left to right?

• 1. Re: Flip X and Y Axes in Portals?
          taylorsharpe

No.... that question has been asked a lot.  You can do little workarounds, none of which are very elegant.  Sorry about that and I agree it would be a useful function.  I recommend you go to FileMaker help and pull down to "Provide FileMaker Feedback" and make this suggestion.  I made it about a year ago.  It didn't come out in 12... but who knows, maybe it'll make it in lucky 13. 

• 2. Re: Flip X and Y Axes in Portals?
            opotoc

There are three ways to workaround:

1. You can build a "horizontal portal" with a set of portals with number of rows: 1, increase initial row by 1.

So assuming a 8 hour work day, with 30 minutes intervals, you'd need to create 16 portals and arrange them horiztontally.

2. You can use a repeating calculation field and get the releated data you want to display into a repeating field which may be dispaly horizonaztally and vertically.

Of course you can also use a regular repeating text field and fill the information in via a script.

3. Webviewer: create a webviewer and display the data in html.

Cons: quite time intensive to layout (1.), no autoresize in terms of getting more portal rows shown