5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2012 9:35 AM by g@briellelevenson

IWP - Locking status bar doesn't work

g@briellelevenson

Hello,

Has anyone reported issues that locking the status bar doesn't work in IWP? I have it set in my "open" script to lock, and when I test it using the exact same account info in Filemaker, it locks it just fine. But when I open the exact same solution in IWP, the carrot in the top left corner still appears and I can click it to show and hide the status bar just fine.

I would love to hear if anyone else has had a similar problem, and if there are any solutions that I could try.

Thanks,

Gabrielle

• 1. Re: IWP - Locking status bar doesn't work
          steve_ssh

Hello Gabrielle,

I'm curious about:

- which version of FileMaker you are using: v11? v12? something else?

- which browser(s) you notice this symptom on?

I've never seen this particular problem, but I'm curious to see if I can reproduce it.

Kind regards,

-steve

• 2. Re: IWP - Locking status bar doesn't work
            g@briellelevenson

Hi Steve,

I actually just figured out the bug/culprit!  I had "Adjust Window [Resize to Fit]" as the script step above it, and somehow that was interfering with the status bar locking.  If I move it right below it, it works just fine.

Chalk that one up to a FM bug.

If you want to still try to reproduce, I am using FMP 11 and Explorer.  Thanks for jumping in!

• 3. Re: IWP - Locking status bar doesn't work
              steve_ssh

Excellent.  Thank you for the details and for letting me know.

I was guessing that you are running v11, but wasn't positive -- from what I've seen, one of the small but nice changes to IWP in version 12 is that a hidden and locked status bar no longer even appears on the screen, i.e. one no longer sees that thin grey strip of collapsed status bar which was remaining 'unlocked' in error.

Best,

-steve

• 4. Re: IWP - Locking status bar doesn't work
                BowdenData

g@briellelevenson wrote:

I actually just figured out the bug/culprit!  I had "Adjust Window [Resize to Fit]" as the script step above it, and somehow that was interfering with the status bar locking.  If I move it right below it, it works just fine.

Hi,

You may not realize this, but the Adjust Window script step is not IWP compatible. Depending on how you have Allow User Abort set in your script, this step would cause your script to stop right there and never execute the next step to hide and lock the status bar. Based on your comments, I am pretty sure this is what is happening.

In the bottom, left corner of the script editor, there is a popup menu labeled "Show Compatibility". Make sure that this is set to Web Publishing. Script steps that are not compatible will be grayed out.

For more information, see the Help for tips and tricks on using IWP. It talks about how to set the Abort and what impact this has on script execution using IWP.

HTH.

Doug

• 5. Re: IWP - Locking status bar doesn't work
                  g@briellelevenson

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your response.  I am aware that it's not web compatible, but I always assumed that meant the script step would be ignored, not that it would stop the whole danged script.  If it is actually causing harm and breaking my script, then I think it should appear in red not in gray.

Thanks for the info, it's good to know I need to be much more careful about those steps!

Thanks!
                  Gabrielle