2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2012 11:22 AM by mgohil

IWP FileMaker 12 - Layout objects not appearing correctly

mgohil

Hi -

I have a FileMaker database that I'm currently running on FileMaker 12 Server (Advanced), with IIS running on the machine.

The end user is viewing this via IWP.

The issue is this: Most users are able to view the layout without any problems. However, one user does not see all the objects that are on this layout. This layout uses Portals to view fields from another file.

The user that is having problems is using Windows XP and viewing via Internet Explorer (IE8). What makes this interesting is that I have another user that is also on IE8 and Windows XP, and that other user is able to see everything fine.

Both users are in the same office (physically), behind the same firewall, and on the same network.

My question - why is the one user having problems viewing SOME objects that are in the portal, but another user who is on an identical system is not having the same issues.

• 1. Re: IWP FileMaker 12 - Layout objects not appearing correctly
          technet_admin

Hi Again: I've moved your question into the correct discussion forum for you. In the future, just navigate into the forum you want to use and click "Start discussion" in the Actions panel on the right. Also note that when you start a new discussion, you can mark it as a question, and then pick 2 helpful and 1 correct answer from the responses. This helps others in the community find answered questions, and it also awards the members who answered/helped you with some status points for their profiles. Enjoy!

• 2. Re: IWP FileMaker 12 - Layout objects not appearing correctly
            mgohil

Here are notes regarding when it works/doesn't work.  Case #2 is the one we're trying to solve.

1. Windows XP IE8 works with one user.
            2. Windows XP IE8 doesn’t work on a different user's machine <<- this is what i want to figure out.
            3. Windows 7 Google Chrome, IE 9, Safari, and Firefox all work on my machine.