3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2012 6:56 AM by LSNOVER

FileMaker 12 w/SQL Table Validation (not empty) issues?

bowdown

While I was developing my FileMaker solution locally using 12 Pro Advanced I was able to get the properties on each SQL Hosted table field and uncheck 'Not Empty' from the validation and it would stick... now that I have moved the database to 12 Advanced Server all fields have reverted back to the FileMaker default of 'not empty'. No matter what I do I can not get the field back to the way it was on Pro Advanced. Even weirder if I close the database on the server, and open locally on Pro Advanced I can not get it to stick either!

This really sucks because I can not change the database design as it is my account software's database. I only wish to read the data in FileMaker and assosciate with a FileMaker native table to house other add-on data. This will not work because when the record commits in FileMaker it tries to validate the SQL data and it fails.

The SQL Table is set not to allow NULL on all fields.. but there are many fields that are EMPTY.

FileMaker and their assine implementation of NULL is killing my mojo. HELP!