7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2012 10:05 AM by greempel

FM12 - Is sliding working properly?

greempel

I have a list layout with a field that can have over several lines and would like to save space on the list. For this I enabled the "sliding up based on... All objects above + resize enclosing part".

Preview and print work great for all lines excepted for the first line, where only the first line is displayed.

This was working fine with FMP8, not working anymore in FMP12.

Any idea how to solve this?

Many thanks.

• 1. Re: FM12 - Is sliding working properly?
          jlondon

I just discovered a problem with fields specified to Slide left, they will still slide, however, on windows OS will often clip the text contained within the field on the resulting printout. -My 2 cents on the matter...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FM12 - Is sliding working properly?
            greempel

My problem is on Mac, did not try on Windows. Did you find a way to bypass it?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: FM12 - Is sliding working properly?
              jlondon

Sliding to the left is perhaps not so hard to work around as vertical sliding. I was simply able to concatonate the sliding fields into a single calculated field that, using conditional formating, only displays when printing.
              HTH.

• 4. Re: FM12 - Is sliding working properly?
                jacqui.4101

I've also had problems on a Mac with sliding.  Have found if you also set Autosizing to Top & left (for all report fields) and set paragraph alignment to top of field, that often solves the problem.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: FM12 - Is sliding working properly?
                  greempel

Thanks for the hint, unfortunately the first line of the first record still does not print, but it helped me chase the error, which is now fixed (although I persist thinking this is an undersired behaviour of FM).

The issue was not comming from the "body" part with the records but with a subtotal that was directly above... which had also a sliding up defined, but its value was empty.

I assume that when sliding the subtotal, the layout was "biting" on the body part that was going directly below.

I fixed it by introducing a condition on the script that was triggering the print by checking if there was a subtotal or not. If no subtotal, I was not sorting on that field (and the subtotal part was not considered).

Jeffrey and Jacqui... thank you very much for your interest and support.

• 6. Re: FM12 - Is sliding working properly?
                    jlondon

Have you tried incorporating the header elements into the body?

The issue was not comming from the "body" part with the records but with a subtotal that was directly above... which had also a sliding up defined, but its value was empty.

This is not new to FM12 but in my experience the header does not collapse.

Try making a version of your layout where there is no Header part and include the header elements in the body - I think things willl start sliding.

• 7. Re: FM12 - Is sliding working properly?
                      greempel

I'm afraid I do not really understand the proposal.

The layout is actually a quote where:

• the header has general quote information (customer & framework details)
                      • the subtotal is a summary by type of product (that can be empty if no subtotal is requested by the customer)
                      • the body is the quote line (there can be 100s in some cases)

If I place the header on the body I will have it repeated for each line... which will be really not nice looking !

Are you proposing another way to replicate the lines?