5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2012 8:41 PM by databuzz

Field Only Showing In First Row

cabarnes

On a protal row, a location would be picked, in a field marked Cash a number would be put in. The Amount field is calculated to times the Cash number (manually entered) by a predefined amount that is associated with the location chosen. This works on the first portal row, but none after the first row.

Please see the attached photo for reference.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

• 1. Re: Field Only Showing In First Row
          pthomas

Hi Craig,

From the screenshot it looks like maybe the Amount field is slightly too big and is not sitting within the portal row - try tweaking the field so it isn't quite as high, or move it up a point or two!

Cheers,

Paul.

• 2. Re: Field Only Showing In First Row
            cabarnes

I checked the size, it is the same height as all of the others.

Craig

• 3. Re: Field Only Showing In First Row
              pthomas

Is it aligned with the top of the other fields in the portal row?

What happens if you make the field smaller, does it help?

If that doesn't help I would try changing the second record in the portal so it has the exact same data as the first record, does that then cause the Amount field to show correctly? If yes then there is either a problem with your calculation, or the other records just don't have the required information for the calculation to evaluate (I would check that your locations all have the predefined amount set?).

Cheers,

Paul.

• 4. Re: Field Only Showing In First Row
                taylorsharpe

The problem is with the Amount field, not the cash one.  Move the Amount field down 1 or 2 pixels and it'll work in the following portal rows.  When using portals, you have to be VERY careful not to let your fields stray outside of the portal even 1 pixel. 

• 5. Re: Field Only Showing In First Row
                  databuzz

Hi Craig,

If you're using FileMaker Pro v12 I and a few other developers have experienced an issue with fields on portals only showing values in the first row. What usually resolves this is deleting the offending field from the portal then duplicating an existing field in the portal that is working normally and then changing it to your desired field.

That has worked for me a number of times now. It's really strange - no matter how many times you check the field position etc it will only ever show values in the first row.

HTH,

Andrew