AnsweredAssumed Answered

CWP Error 22 in FM12 migrated solution

Question asked by steve.winter on Aug 6, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2012 by steve.winter

Hi all

I've had a solution running using CWP for a number of years with no issues. A couple of weeks ago the client decided to go with v12 - at the time we had a few issues, but overall things seemed to have gone well enough.

In the last week, they've noticed that a web service which outputs data about courses to another system has been periodically failing. I increased the logging and have found that about 25% of the time an identical call to the same CWP code will fail. This is the error which comes back;

Error code: 22

Error message: Communication Error: (22) The requested URL returned error: 401 - This can be due to an invalid username or password, or if the FMPHP privilege is not enabled for that user.

Now I know that (frankly) this is complete rubbish, because I know from the logged command that the username and password are the same, and that the FMPHP privilege is enabled for that user because a few sec (min, hours) before that log entry and a few sec (min, hours) after that log entry the same credentials have been used to access the same database successfully...!

In my log from the last 72 hours, I see 2159 requests logged of which 1663 loaded fine, the other 496 (so about 23%) gave the above error...

Anyone else seen this happening in FM12...? ever seen it happen in previous versions...? got any ideas...??

Cheers

Steve

Outcomes