2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2012 11:24 PM by mbpro2.53

Field dependence issue!

Could someone please help me with the issue i stuck with.

I want to create a form to update a table but the second form element depends on the first.

For example in the dependancy table if i have "cube" and "sphere" for field 1 and "blue", "green" and "yellow" for field 2, and the colors depend on the shapes, and:

There are only blue cubes and green and yellow spheres, no other option, then how could i set up a form that from the first field shows the results in a checkbox, and if i choose one, the second form element (dropdown list) showes only the correct matches from the table to select from.

Can anyone help me how to set up these two form elements and assign the dependency to it?

Thanks!

Zotan

• 1. Re: Field dependence issue!
          erolst

See if this helps. I guess for only three cases this could be hardcoded somehow, but using tables lets you scale things up.

• 2. Re: Field dependence issue!

Hi!

Thank you so much! I checked it out, it is cool.

Now I have to apply this to my application which has a bigger database. (If I stuck somewhere I will write you here)

I will also have a few questions left. Could you please check them out, maybe you can help with them too.

I'm kinda new to FileMaker, but I have tried to create this project in Excel, PHP and I couldn't do it yet.

I will post the other questions in 24 hours.

Thank you again!

Zoltan